MW3 Servers

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

MW3 Servers

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Wanted to see if anyone else was seeing this with their MW3 servers. Happening on 4 of mine, and on 4 different machines. No ports blocked, using +set dedicated 2 in the parameter, etc. Really not sure. Also, Windows firewall is off and no other firewall is installed.

Invalid server configuration - strict NAT detected.
----- Server Shutdown -----
Steam Game Server shutdown complete.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: MW3 Servers

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't seen that one before on any machine or VDS here.

Make sure you have Steam.dll copied from your client to the root folder of the MW3 server, if you don't already. I also recommend doing a -verify_all with hldsupdatetool on your MW3 install. They just released another game update tonight.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Now getting completely different errors on a different machine

c:\mw3\iw5mp_server.exe +set sv_maprotation default +start_map_rotate +set dedicated 1 +set sv_config server.cfg

A copy of command line.

Here's a copy of server.cfg

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Server.cfg-configurable settings

// Server host name. This should always be set by the server admin.
set sv_hostname "Digiflex"

// Dedicated server play list (DSPL) specifying server map rotation.
// Valid game options are controlled via DSR (dedicated server recipe) specified in the DSPL.
set sv_maprotation "default"

// Maximum number of clients that may connect to this server (range 1-18)
set sv_maxclients 14

// Server password. If set, users will be prompted on join attempt.
set g_password ""

// Maximum number of private clients allowed on the server (range 0-18 (clamped to sv_maxclients) )
set sv_privateClients 0

// Password for the private slots on this server. If set, users will be prompted on join attempt.
// Users providing this password will have access to all slots.
// Users providing an incorrect password will have access to the (sv_maxClients - sv_privateClients) public slots.
set sv_privatePassword ""

// Remote console password. If set, users will have access to a remote console, allowing server administration from a connected client.
set rcon_password ""

// Server voice chat configuration ( 0 = "No Chat", 1 = "Free Chat", 2 = "Team Chat" (default) )
set sv_voice 2

// Toggle voting for [player kick/map restart/next map] (0 or 1 (default) )
set g_allowVote 1

// Toggle allowing dead players to chat with living players (0 (default) or 1)
set g_deadChat 0

// Time in seconds before the server will kick a user for inactivity (range 0 - 10000)
set g_inactivity 90

// Time in seconds for a player temporary ban (on kick/tempban) (range 0 - 3600)
set sv_kickBanTime 300

// Toggle flood protection (throttling of user commands - should be enabled for non-password-protected Internet servers) (0 or 1 (default))
set sv_floodProtect 1

And here is the console error

Invalid server configuration - insufficient cpu performance 5.8265 ghz for 18 clients. Minimum 6.0000 ghz required.

Server running on is an IBM x336. 2 - Xeon 3.0ghz, 8GB ddr2, two 250gb WD, ETC.

So it's saying can't run 18 slots (somehow, not sure how because this can run it no problems), anyways, as you can see in server config I set it as 14 and seems like it isn't pulling server config at all. It also isn't retrieving my DSPL file either. This machine is at my work and just want it lan, incase you are wondering on the dedicated 1 parameter.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That is one of the bugs that crops up sometimes with the game. Restarting the server until it goes away is the only way to get rid of it.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Restarted 3 times with no luck. Even powered off the machine with no dice either. Seems as if the dedicated servers have a lot of fixes to go through. I can get it running sometimes, however it still won't pull the server.cfg and the rotation file. Any ideas?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Part of the problem could be that you have the options in a funky order -- +start_map_rotate should be at the end. Also, it should be +set dedicated 2.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Well I will try when I get it home. Have to take it out of rack and take it home for the weekend. John, would you be able to give an example of your command line to see what order you are putting in the parameters?

Also, $100 for this x366, not bad? :lol: