dedicated server

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
mattb
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

dedicated server

Post by mattb »

The E31270 says it can host 250-300 players connected at once, but it can host more at a max of 500-600.

Tell me what you think.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: dedicated server

Post by IcEWoLF »

Well you also have to account for addons,custom scripts, plugins each server uses.
Also you want to keep cpu usage under control too.
Alex
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Alex »

mattb wrote:The E31270 says it can host 250-300 players connected at once, but it can host more at a max of 500-600.

Tell me what you think.
Theres a difference between connected players at once and actual slots. You can certainly host 500-600 slots, but when you fill up 500 slots you will have laggy servers and you will overload your box.

This is also dependent on the type of game you run.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We have one customer who has 400+ connected daily players on an E3 without performance problems. We have others who see 200 and probably couldn't handle much more. It varies so widely that we hesitate to even put a number on the page, but the one we give is meant to give a ballpark for typical large servers running the most common game types (CS 1.6, CS:S, TF2, BC2).