Linux app screen problem

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Xenland
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Linux app screen problem

Post by Xenland »

I've recently started a server with the command "screen [command arguments here]" in a detached session...my game server is up and running, but that's not the problem. I don't know how to access the srcds_run server process again since I've disconnected from that session.

And when i try opening it from 'screen' again it says no window available, although it shows up in the screen window process.

Any suggestions on reopening a proccess that was opened in screen?

Thanx NFOpeeps
Jesse
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Linux app screen problem

Post by Jesse »

Xenland wrote:I've recently started a server with the command "screen [command arguments here]" in a detached session...my game server is up and running, but that's not the problem. I don't know how to access the srcds_run server process again since I've disconnected from that session.

And when i try opening it from 'screen' again it says no window available, although it shows up in the screen window process.

Thanx NFOpeeps
If I understand your question, you can restart/start the SRCDS.exe from the HL/orangebox folder, Depending on what kind of server this is it should be in your orangebox folder.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Xenland wrote:I've recently started a server with the command "screen [command arguments here]" in a detached session...my game server is up and running, but that's not the problem. I don't know how to access the srcds_run server process again since I've disconnected from that session.

Thanx NFOpeeps
Are you following the instructions at http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =46&t=4545 for starting and running the server with screen?

Could you provide the output to "screen -ls"?
Xenland
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Xenland »

After researching the screen documentation I realized that i was required to detach it from session, then reattach it following command..

Code: Select all

screen -r [screen-proccess-id]
which brought me back to the screen of where i originally left off when i was dissconnected
Note:
[screen-proccess-id] can be aquieired by the following command(as stated by edge100x)

Code: Select all

screen -ls
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

Dang, was just gonna post screen -r

I have my public server on pub, then private on priv. So I simply use screen -r pub and screen -r priv. Works like a charm :) .