Killing Floor problem

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
deathcon62
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Killing Floor problem

Post by deathcon62 »

Identifier or Server DNS: DeadFloors

Game (CS 1.6, CS:Source, BF1942, Unreal etc): Killing Floor

Explanation of problem: I can not get my mutators to automatically come on when the server is restarted. They default to off.

Server log as follows:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17347758/server.log

With this command line:
KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27?Mutator=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage

Only the kill message mutator works, the others still default to off but if I turn them on manually they will work. I have tried editing the .ini file, it was no help.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Killing Floor problem

Post by Edge100x »

The log is showing that the server is using a different line than you specified on your command line to start the server -- one with only the one mutator:

Code: Select all

Init: Command line: KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker?Mutator=IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27?Mutator=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage -multihome=74.91.120.30 -log=server.log -nohomedir
Log: Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage
Log
Are you certain that you don't have a LocalMap or other line in your .ini file that says this somewhere?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It also might be worth testing the mutators in your command line one at a time. It's possible that one of them is causing the line to be parsed incorrectly, such as IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27 (which contains a "-").
ShadowE989
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ShadowE989 »

KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27.IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27 then-anything-else-here
?Mutator= Uses a comma as the delimiter.

Confusing yea but thats how it is. I hope that helps but I'd do what Edge said and test 1 mod at a time alone to rule out problems. Default.ini holds a clean configuration file just copy that and rename it. Do something like this...

KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker log=kfserv-mut1.log -nohomedir ini=kfserv-mut1

KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker log=kfserv-mut2.log -nohomedir ini=kfserv-mut2

KF-Doom2-Final-V7.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker log=kfserv-mut3.log -nohomedir ini=kfserv-mut3
It seems like a lot of work but it will save you time in the long run so you can pin point where your problem lays.
Have small questions about Unmanaged VDS's, Linux servers, and Unreal Engine Games (especially Killing Floor)? I am on #NFO-Support @ Gamesurge nearly 24/7 to help.

Click [url=irc://irc.us.GameSurge.net/nfo-support]Here[/url] to join. I may be AFK so give me time to respond. :)
deathcon62
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deathcon62 »

I used commas as a delimiter like you said, and now antiblocker and the kill messages are working, but not the weapon pack.
deathcon62
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deathcon62 »

I have uploaded the new server log, just recheck the old link I posted
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you tried loading that one on its own? Have you tried renaming it to not have the hyphen?
deathcon62
New to forums
New to forums

Post by deathcon62 »

I tried renaming the file, got some critical error messages, wont start.

Log: Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=KFPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker,IJCWeaponPackWhiteV27.IJCWeaponPackWhiteV27,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 54178->54177; refs: 696718
Log: Game class is 'KFGameType'
Warning: Failed to load 'IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27': Can't find file 'IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27'
Critical: Failed to load 'IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27': Can't find file 'IJCWeaponPack-WhiteV27'
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SafeLoadError
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UGameEngine::BuildServerMasterMap
Critical: ULevel::Listen
Critical: Listen
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ouch. In that case, you may have to speak to the author of that mutator for more help in troubleshooting it.