Restart Daily

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Poops
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Restart Daily

Post by Poops »

My CS:S server restarts daily... but in the control panel I do not see a place to turn off this restart or change the time.

I honestly like that my server restarts daily, but if there is a way to see at what time or even change the time, that would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Restart Daily

Post by Edge100x »

The time varies depending on when our system sees your server empty, actually. It will only restart the server when it is empty, unless the server is always full, in which case it will restart the server every other day at 7am PDT.

We do have an on/off switch for this feature. If you'd like us to turn it off for you so that you can manually restart the server at a different time, please let us know.
Poops
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Poops »

Nah, I was just curious if I could turn it off. It restarted once at 3 am when our server was having a Scrim, so I figured it was because of the auto restart. It must have been a simple crash
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Nod. If you see another crash, please let us know and we will work with you to determine the cause. Common causes include bad maps, plugins, and bugs in the game itself, but recently we have been seeing an uptick in denial of service attacks that attack weaknesses in the game server code as well.