Creating a custom DNS entry to point to a server IP is simple and allows you to give out a name instead of an IP, which makes your server easier to remember.
1. Proceed to the "Domains" tab located within your webhosting control panel
Aname_3.jpg [ 39.66 KiB | Viewed 3230 times ]
2. Where it says "Subdomain" enter any name you choose. (EX:Vent,TS3)
3. Where it says "Type" select "A" from the drop down box
4. Where it says "Where it points" or "Target", enter the IP of your server. (do NOT use a port)
5. Click on "Submit changes"
You have now created a custom DNS entry for your server. Keep in mind that it can take some time for the IP to propagate.