Dedicated Server questions?

This is used for general discussion that is not necessarily server-related.
Bladezk
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Server questions?

Post by Bladezk »

For your Standard package, is it possible to 1-2000fps server and 3-1000fps servers all at 100tic and maybe a L4D server?

This is what I am hoping to do.
- CS:S 12man priv 2000fps
- CS:S 30man Pub 1000fps
- CZ 12man Priv 1000fps
- CZ 30man Pub 1000fps
- L4D 8man Pub
Bladezk
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Dedicated Server questions?

Post by Bladezk »

I don't know if that was a "nubbish" question or not. I am new to dedicated servers and i have some questions. I know all the basics and stuff.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, you would likely have the horsepower to run this using our Standard configuration, although it's tough to say exactly, since the performance would depend on the plugins used. The CS:S server would only be able to run at 1000fps (we get ours to 2000fps using private extensions to the Linux kernel).
Bladezk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bladezk »

I am ok with that. And plugin wise i dont plan on using too many plugins source mod and a vote map plugin for the source pub and amx with a vote map plugin and two other plugins for CZ

For your 2000fps servers... Are those private extensions offered to your clients if i were to use linux or is that just for the game servers?

Well either way if i can run 4-1000fps servers i may order one in a month or so.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Bladezk wrote:For your 2000fps servers... Are those private extensions offered to your clients if i were to use linux or is that just for the game servers?
We currently only use these extensions internally and our clients are not given access to them.
Well either way if i can run 4-1000fps servers i may order one in a month or so.
I'm glad to hear that :). I'd say the minimum would be 4 servers, because that would mean one server per core (it's slightly more complicated than that and in some cases it might not be true, but in your case I don't foresee a problem).
Bladezk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bladezk »

I am going to be glad to be switching from [Fillincrappygameservercompanyhere] to you guys. Anyways that answered most of my questions so see you in a month or so!!!

I can tell you guys have great support already, Thanks for that
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I hope to see you soon then :).

(For anyone who might be reading this, Bladezk put [Fillincrappygameservercompanyhere] in initially -- we didn't replace something else with it :P).
Bladezk
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Bladezk »

Yeah, i read the rules lol. I hate when people don't read them! :P